This sauce is so fabulous you will want to drink it...
If you guys are a peanut sauce freak like we are.. you are going to DIE over this pizza! This is honestly better than anything you could go and buy!! After traveling to Italy many times, I soon learned that they made their pizza much differently from the way we make ours. We go heavy on the cheese, meat and other toppings. In Italy I learned they disperse their ingredients very sparsely compared to what we do. Most importantly they add even amounts of cheese, meat, veggies etc... This makes for a beautiful "pie" as well as a more enjoyable and delicious pizza. You don't feel "stuffed" after dinner. Perfection!!
FABULOUS THAI CHICKEN PIZZA
Makes: Two 10-12 inch pizzas Time: 20 minutes Plan Ahead: Prepare dough ahead. Prepare sauce ahead. Prepare chicken ahead.
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 fresh garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 Tablepsoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 pizza dough balls (to make two 10 to 12 inches pizza; Tuscan Sun Pizza dough recipe page 133)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 cup chicken breasts (cooked and torn into pieces or shredded)
- 6 thin slices fresh Buffalo Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons shredded carrot
- Sliced red onion to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup whole peanuts
- Pre-Heat over to 500 degrees
- Prepare the dough for your pizza. Or use 2 frozen dough balls, thawed.
- Prepare the Peanut Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat bring the vinegar, sugar, brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper, salt and garlic to a boil stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the peanut butter. Set aside. Sauce must be slightly warm to spread on pizza.
- Prepare the pizza dough:
- Roll out your dough ball at a time. Place the dough on an oiled pizza pan or baking sheet. Or, on a pizza peel with a little flour and cornmeal to move pizza to a stone or tile.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl with garlic. Brush the mixture over the entire pizza dough.
- Spread on half the Peanut Sauce. Spread the chicken pieces around. Disperse the cheeses evenly. Sprinkle carrots and onion, if using. Bake in a 500 degree oven for 6-8 minutes on bottom oven rack until crisp. Remove from oven and sprinkle on the cilantro and peanuts.