There are several different recipes in both Food Nanny books for lasagna. This is by far the quickest and easiest, but there is no skimping on taste! I used to think lasagna was a labor of love, but it doesn't have to be with this simple and yummy recipe. They've made it even easier on us with the no bake noodles! Have you tried them yet? They work amazing and even delete another step of cooking! This recipe makes a large 9x13 pan.....so if you don't finish it all.......it freezes great and can be enjoyed another night! Everyone will be thinking you are a wonderful chef for so little effort! Can't beat that;)
EASY AMERICAN LASAGNA
- 1 pound mild bulk Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 26-ounce jar meatless spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 pound uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 15-ounce package ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons butter (optional)
- Brown the meat in a large skillet. Drain off the fat. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove 16 noodles from the package and cook according to package directions. Drain. Lay out the cooked pasta in a single layer on aluminum foil to cool. (The foil can be reused to cover the baking dish). You can delete this step if using the no-bake noodles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and pepper in a large bowl.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread one-quarter of the meat sauce in the prepared baking dish. Arrange four noodles lengthwise over the sauce, overlapping the edges. Spread one- fourth of the cheese mixture and sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over the pasta. Repeat the layers three more times, ending with the mozzarella. Dot with the butter around the edges, if desired.
- Cover with foil and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a tossed green salad and hot Italian bread!!