I made a roast just about once a week when my kids were growing up. A crock-pot is a great, easy way to fix dinner, especially meats! This particular recipe is so flavorful that everyone will be a fan! Make this recipe, go to work or away for the day, and come home to a great meal. This recipe easily cuts in half. My children cut roasts in half and freeze the remainder for another time. You need not have a large group to enjoy a roast! With the cooler weather this is one of the ultimate comfort meals for me!! With soccer and dance and all the activities in full swing you won't have to worry about dinner!
CROCK-POT ROAST BEEF DINNER
- 1 4-pound beef sirloin roast
- Garlic salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1-ounce packet onion soup mix
- 1 cup beef broth
- 5 large carrots (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (optional))
- 6 red potatoes or medium russets (scrubbed and quartered (optional))
- Place the roast in a slow cooker, Sprinkle with the garlic salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and broth; pour over the roast.
- Add the carrots and/or potatoes to the slow cooker if it is large enough to hold them.
- Cook on high heat 5 to 6 hrs or on low heat for 10-12 hrs (time can be adjusted to whatever works on your slow cooker)