My mouth waters a bit when I think of these hot homemade biscuits coming out of the oven...Happy Thursday to all of our readers out there!! Are you not loving the cooler weather???!!! Fall is literally right around the corner, I cant't even believe it!! These cooler nights are making me crave some major comfort food and how do you get more comfort food than Biscuits and Gravy??!! This truthfully will be one of the easiest and fastest recipes you will ever make! I have heard from a lot of my readers, that your afraid of making any types of bread. Well you shouldn't be.. I promise my recipes are bullet proof!! These homemade biscuits are so easy and honestly can't be ruined. Your family will be so impressed when they see these coming out of the oven. These biscuits could be made as your side for a lot of my others recipes as well, put some butter and honey and yummy!!! You need to give this recipe a try!!! XOXOXOXO
BISCUITS & SAUSAGE COUNTRY GRAVY
4 to 6 servings
- Old-Fashioned Biscuits or Buttermilk Biscuits (p.240)
- 8 ounces sage- or maple flavored bulk sausage
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the biscuits and bake them while you make the gravy.
- Cook and stir the sausage in a small skillet over medium heat, crumbling it with a wooden spoon. drain the fat, if necessary.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Cook until the roux begins to darken slightly. Slowly whisk in the milk, water, salt and pepper. Continue stirring until the gravy thickens and comes to a simmer. Stir in the sausage.
- Break the warm biscuits in half and cover with the gravy.
- Serve with colorful fruits or vegetables on the side, such as a green salad, fresh berries or canned peach slices, carrot and celery sticks, or a hot cooked green vegetable or corn.