This is not your typical cake! It's chewy and moist almost like a brownie! You have to try it! Could be a hit on Mother's Day!!
- 3/4 cup 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups White Kamut flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- Place the baking rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bottom and sides of pan with cooking oil spray. Cut parchment paper or wax paper to fit the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan, place in pan.(If using a spring form pan no need to cut paper.) Spray with cooking oil again.
- Melt the butter and pour in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and eggs and beat until creamy 2 mins. Add the salt, vanilla, almond extract and flour. Stir until combined.
- Spread the batter in the pan. Mix the sugar and almonds together in a small bowl and sprinkle over top the cake.
- Bake for 35-40 min. or until a wooden skewer comes out with just a bit of moist cake on it. Let cool 5 min. on a cooling rack. Invert. Cool. Can serve as-is without rosemary cream.